The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is currently 34 with the wind howling. The wind this morning at the job site blowing off the river made it brutal to be out there. The high is supposed to be 46. Hopefully the wind will die now later.

My wife did not go to the MRI last evening. She has been feeling under the weather the last few days and she just felt that she couldn’t deal with it. She will reschedule later this week. I started to make sure I have everything together to do our taxes. I will probably work on them this coming weekend.

I added screws to the coupler pockets on four Roundhouse RTR three dome tank cars. I finished tuning up and checking 12 boxcars. The Atlas Trainman kit boxcar was an ounce light to meet NMRA weight recommendations. I had to carefully remove a door so I could add weight. I will need to remember to add weight when I am building them going forward. I recently received a couple of BAR State of Maine 40-foot boxcars by Intermountain. One of them is number 02 in the series and the other is number 16 in the series. They are both old new stock. Number 16 has Kadee couplers. Number 2 is old enough it has EZ-Mate knock offs so I will need to change them.

I looked over the area where I plan to work next on the layout. I need to do some cleaning and rearranging before I start.

Nothing big planned for today and tonight. I have to make a pharmacy run at some point.

Trainwise I have some coupler conversion and a some boxcar kits to build. I need to address a few things on the layout before the next project can begin.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-08-2023, 08:32 AM