The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, really dark clouds yesterday, and there was some rain in the north edges of the valley. We still didn't quite hit 80, maybe today. No change in gas prices, Costco $0.001 under $4.00, but so are a few others.

Tom, we don't get too many train shows here, we will have a few local ones this summer, and it's rare that we get one of the national ones, but when we do, they're in the middle of the summer. Why not have them in the winter when it's snowing up in Sioux City or Chicago and we're basking in the sun? Yeah, the venues are A/C'd, but it's still 110 or 115 getting there. Plus, that's when snowbirds have gone home and locals head up north for the weekend.

Yesterday I went to a very large gun store in Scottsdale, I was warned that it was a bit pricey, and yeah, way too rich. The guy I was with says that we'd be better off driving up to Prescott, 100 miles one way, pay for the gas and still save money. Lots of folks there, didn't see anyone buying anything. Drove by a couple of houses that we lived in nearby, one has been totally renovated inside and out. We sold it for $239,000 back in 1998, it recently sold for $1,500,000. Every house in that neighborhood has had major renovations to it, the problem is that the taxes now far exceed what we were paying on our mortgage (including taxes) back then.

So much for now, take care and have a great day. It's Sunday, a day of rest.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-12-2023, 07:06 AM