The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 37 with on and off drizzle. High is supposed to be 42 with more rain. It is just a raw day.

I had a good weekend despite the change to DST. Saturday, we did some cleaning around the house. Then we took a trip to Target, the grocery store, and the pharmacy. When we went to the pharmacy we arrived not long after the town’s St Patrick Day parade. As a person of Irish decent I can say I am insulted by what the day has become. The groups and families of drunk, and obnoxious people roaming the streets afterwards was a disgrace. I was talking to the manager of the pharmacy, and she was saying how worse it is getting every year. She said the local businesses had to plead with the township to get porta potties put in place because of, well I will let your imagination take it from here. I cannot blame one age group as it was people from college age all the way up to senior citizens. St Patrick must be rolling in his grave seeing what his feast day has become. Sorry for the rant.

Sunday was a quiet day recovering from loosing an hour of sleep. All the pets were thrown off as I was later than usual with the morning feeding. We let the robot vacuum loose in our bedroom. The only laundry I had to dela with was a couple sets of bedding.

In the modeling world nothing went as planned. I didn’t have any foam board to make a base for the Union Station. This led to me clearing the area around the station. From that I realized I need to build a few more building. I moved to pile of structure kits which meant I had to clean and organize the modeling supply table. Picked out the kit but before I could work on it I had to clear and clean the workbench off. I managed to get one wall painted. I also converted two Atlas B&O GP40’s to DCC. The conversion involved moving a jumper on the board. These were Atlas Master DCC System Locos. The hardest thing was figuring out how to access the board. The instructions with the locos did not say how to access the board. Only what to do after you did so. I had a similar set of GP38-2’s but their instructions also failed to tell me how to access the board. I then remembered I had a couple of undecorated GP-38’s. Low and behold the instructions said remove the dynamic brake cover. Cover removed access obtained. I put the locos on the track and selected address “3” and nothing worked. After some head scratching, I checked the instructions. Atlas had made it easier to run multiple locos straight out of the box by programing the addresses of the locos to the last two digits of their road numbers. Locos selected on the cab and away they went. Success! While the locos were on the workbench I changed the Accumate couplers to Kadee #148 couplers.

Today I need to hit the produce store. Other than that it should be quiet evening.

I would like to work on the building kit and possibly find another easy DCC conversion to do.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-13-2023, 07:57 AM