The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning

I hope all goes well with your bed Tom. I took my waterbed down 3 years ago and I really miss it. I think it may be back in service before long. Best sleep I ever got. 

I worked on the layout lift out section yesterday and I got the thing figured out. It will be a little more complicated than I wanted but I should only need it when moving trains from one section to another. The lift out was easy. I was figuring on putting track on it permanently but then I would have to have a way to connect on either end. I have decided the best way is a long section (4 foot) of flex track that I can place in permanent guides which will give me a much easier section to insert than a couple 4 inch sections. 

NS has 27000 tons of dirt that has been dug out and there is no place to take it, The governor told them they would not be able to use the landfill in MI and another state has done the same.  I am trying to figure why a railroad would be trucking this instead of loading it in gondolas for shipping. That would be about 270 car loads and there are plenty of surplus coal gondolas in storage. It will take about 1500 truck loads to clean it up. 

We have sunshine and 58 degrees for the day. 

Cheers
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 03-16-2023, 08:01 AM