The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people of Big Blue, temps here are still below average, mid-70's for a while, then they drop on Tuesday and Wednesday thanks to the rain. We were going shooting in Tonopah, on Tuesday, but the forecast there calls for morning showers. The bid deal here the past few days was the opening of the Taylor Swift tour. Some 80,000 filled the Cardinal's stadium both on Friday and Saturday. They even renamed the City of Glendale in her name. Let's see, the cheapest seats I saw were just under $400, the most expensive was close to $6,000, average was around $700 and this was before ticket fees. Big hullabaloo when tickets went on sale, they were all gone in minutes. Fans would hang the president of Ticketmaster if they could get their hands on whoever that is. Using the average price, that means each show grossed around $56,000,000, haven't a clue what the scalpers wound up with.

Here is a quote I found, "The concert featured a giant curved screen backdrop, multiple set pieces, pyrotechnics, 16 backup dancers, and at least 13 costume changes for Swift." Pat tells me that I'm dating myself when I ask, "why the need for all this background stuff?  What happened to singers that just stood behind a microphone and sung?". Waiting

Still hobbling around on my twisted ankle so I stayed off of it most of yesterday, likewise for today. My motto: "the older we get, the longer it takes and the more it hurts to do anything, but we do get it done". Healing is at the top of the list.

Take care, and for you Swifties, she's coming to a town near you. Goldth
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-19-2023, 06:43 AM