The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone. 

37 degrees here and partly cloudy. That is the high.  The weather service was right on yesterday, we had a snow squall move through with whiteout conditions. 30 minutes later the sun was shining in full glory. 

SJ, I did go to school in Chicago for a very brief time so I was there for 6 months in 1963. During that time I found a very good job, Married my girl friend from back home, went back to work and 3 weeks later got laid off. 6 weeks in Chicago and no jobs to be had so we came back home for good  

I worked on the south yard on the shelf layout yesterday. I got the track down and the joints soldered but decided I would wait until today to try to get some of the minor kinks out before ballasting. I think I will use very fine limestone for ballast in this yard. I have about 100 pounds of it.  Icon_e_biggrin 

Don, I am sure the weather will soon get back to normal in your area but maybe the rain will help relieve the drought. I have a link on my desktop to the  
Lake Mead  daily water level and I can't figure why they don't give it a rest. If the level goes up .01 foot one day it goes down.02 foot the next. I really wonder if the drought is the only cause of the lake drying up. I know we need to irrigate crops but there are other sources for electricity that can keep the signs flashing in Vegas and with the pool down over 100 feet they use 25% more water to make the same amount of electric. 

My wifes monthly get together with her brother and his wife and my daughter is today. She does a little party theme every month. It keeps her active and out of jail  Goldth  and I enjoy the time with part of the family. 

Of interest to some might be this article about the endangered  Hellbender Salamanders that were found in a branch of the local creek while checking for contaminants 

Cheers
Charlie,

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 03-19-2023, 08:16 AM