The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, and a very happy Spring Equinox to everyone. Yeah, the first day of spring and it doesn't look like it here. We're in the low 70's with overcast skies. Last year on this day it was 86. The next two days will be in the 60's and rain. We moved our shooting day to next week since rain chances are so high, it's not worth driving there just to turn around and go back. Even if it doesn't rain, it will be cold a windy.

Charlie, just about all of Arizona is out of the drought except Lakes Powell and Mead. They are releasing water at the smaller dams to make room for the snow melt and rain runoff everywhere else. To be sure, there are flood warnings even here in the metro area. We're doing OK for water, Pat and I cut off parts of an Organ Pipe cactus I have in my front yard yesterday. The shoots were close to 20' tall and leaning towards the sidewalk. Cacti stores water, and these cutoffs were proof and would really put a hurt on anyone if they fell.

Had to drive by the Spring Training fields yesterday, a sea of vehicles parking everywhere they could, there was also something going on at the Performing Arts Center just across the street and police cars everywhere keeping traffic going this way or that, plus strings of pedestrians since they had other streets blocked to thru traffic. I knew better, but it still was the shortest route for me to take. Got about another ten days of Spring Training and bunches of folks go back home after that. Others hang around until May. Maybe gas prices will go down after that.

Take care and enjoy the first day of spring....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-20-2023, 06:25 AM