The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
(03-20-2023, 06:43 PM)BR60103 Wrote: We had the plumbers in today. Two faucets that were dripping. One single handle that required an extra twist to stop it. The other in the basement. It's been going bad for a year or two: I had to use pliers to turn it off and lately even that didn't work. It was dripping at one drop a second. We're now prepared to have technicians in the house if they're masked. The basement taps are the ones I get water from for the trains.

The first one was really gunked up with calcium; the tech could hardly get the innards out. I'm glad I didn't try either of them myself.

The easiest way to get rid of calcium build-up is to put the parts in vinegar.  If it's so clogged-up, and difficult to remove, put some vinegar in a glass or cup, then use anything that's handy to create a platform, onto which you can place the vinegar to immerse the business end of the tap in the vinegar, which will make it easy to remove the parts.

Wayne

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by doctorwayne - 03-21-2023, 08:38 AM