The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon. 
         55 degrees here and light rain predicted. 

I repaired the on air TV antenna yesterday, I thought the rotor had given up one of these but after taking it down I found the coax was degrading so I spliced together a few chunks I had to make enough to replace the bad piece and ordered a 100 foot section from Home Depot. (It was 13.97 ship free to home but 39 bucks to pick up in the local store) These antennas work remarkably well but they have to be where you can see them in order to aim them properly. I found the main conductor had rotted off at the main connection (copper clad steel) so I replaced the male connector as well and we now get over 60 local channels without having to turn the antenna, (I could get many more when turned but I have to rescan the TV to add and lose wat is already there). I have been trying to find a coax antenna to usb or hdmi tuner that will allow a manual add of channels but so far no good )

The lawyers are in a feeding frenzy here and they are the ones that will walk away with a payday while people that have a legitimate claim will get little or nothing.  

The EPA is forcing NS to remove the possibly contaminated roadbed  under the tracks  and right of way this is about 4 foot deep, 2000 foot long and 100 foot wide in this area 

The 2 center tracks were removed in 1952

They must be going way deeper in places because they already have over 27000 cubic yards of dirt removed and have not begun on the other track. 

They finally admitted the derailment was caused by the crew failing to stop to check the train when it was first reported. I am waiting to find out why they did not stop. 

More work on the train yard this afternoon. I am getting bored with this so I will be glad to be done and running trains once again. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 03-22-2023, 09:58 AM