The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, looks clear and dry outside right now, not so in many parts of the state. Creeks and normally dry rivers and washes are flooding big time between the heavy rain and the release of water from local dams. Don't know how this is affecting lakes Mead and Powell, but it has to has a positive affect on their levels. A shame we can't redirect the water up that way rather than just letting it flow into the desert. Still having are normal stupid, "I can drive through that flooded wash", rescues as their vehicle floats downstream. There are people who are never found, covered by silt, others are found miles away, all because they just ignore the risks and think that those barriers aren't to be believed.

Found a clock at Walmart that has 3" numbers, going to go pick it up this morning. It's weird how we depend so much on our electronics anymore, down to as simple as an alarm clock. I remember when I was delighted because I was able to get an adding machine. I remember trying to balance my checking account manually and if I got within $100, I'd be satisfied. (it would even out next month)... Now, Quicken does all that work...

Gas prices have gone crazy, many stations jumped from $4.19 to $4.49 overnight. Even Costco is up to $4.15 today. There's one ARCO station that I go past a few times a week that's still under $4.00 (cash price), but I filled up the other day at Costco. There are still stations in some remote places that haven't gotten the message yet and are still in the low to mid $3.00 range.

I hope you all have a fine day, do something you enjoy doing, but stay safe and stay dry if you're still fighting the weather...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 03-23-2023, 08:19 AM