The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks,

It is now 53 going up to 62 with rain later this afternoon.

Saturday was a raw, rainy day. We did some cleaning around the house including the infamous laundry. We did venture out to Target and Petco to grab a few things. Sunday was far better with sun and mild temperatures. I got the arbor put back up and secured. I reattached an ivy blanket that goes over the fence behind the pond that hides our neighbor’s compost pile. The blanket was blown off the fence in the recent storms. We got some planting in the pots in the front yard done and I feed the crocus, daffodils, and tulips. I had to do an emergency cleaning of the oven after a spill smoked up the kitchen and set off the smoke detector while my daughter was making dinner.

I did not get as much done with modeling as I had expected. I did get about half a wall painted for the Morgan House kit. I entered and/or updated a bunch of rolling stock into my inventory program. I discovered a couple of locomotives that I did not know are actually DCC ready. On the flip side I found a couple that I thought were DCC ready are not. Looks like I need to take another look at a bunch of locos. I ran a consist of two Atlas B&O GP40’s. I had some issues with a power draw while running them aka the fuse got bright. After some fiddling, I let them run for awhile and the issues faded. I then began adding cars to the train with no issues. If all goes well, I will have a new video to make.

Not much planned for today. I need to bring the bins with Easter decoration up from the basement. I may work on cleaning the oven some more.

I would like to finish painting the wall for the morgan House and perhaps work on the mortar lines. I hope to run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-27-2023, 08:36 AM