The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 42 on its way to 60 with a chance of rain later today.

It has been a couple of crazy days at work. Wednesday was all about getting ready for yesterday’s concrete. Due to a shortage of ironworkers onsite the concrete contractor was running late with getting the wall section formed up. Once he did they found the front and back forms were not aligning the way they should. Yesterday morning the contractor got the forms fixed but had to push the pour back an hour. We thought the time would not be a problem since it was a small pour; only 44 yards or five trucks. The first few trucks arrived on time but for some reason it took twice as long as usual to unload them. Then the last truck carrying 4 yards was over an hour late arriving. The end result was I worked 11 hours both days. I am trying to catch up on the paperwork today.

Being tired from work not much got done around the house or layout. I am getting frustrated by the walls on the Morgan House building. I did not realize until I wanted to install the window frames how deep the windows sat. This not due to a casting issue. Looking at the finished product the windows are recessed similar to the way they are on our house. This means more painting. I looked at the walls I had finished, and I am liking them less and less. I am not sure about what I am going to do with them.

This weekend I have some new outdoor lighting to install. After years of frustration with solar powered lights we are going back to wired ones. We have Easter decorations to finish putting out. We need to get Easter candy to fill the baskets. We need to make that every other monthly trip to the wholesale warehouse club, along with the pharmacy, grocery store, and produce store. A trip to Delaware for gas may be done.

I want to continue working on the walls for the Morgan House kits. I need to glue down and paint the base for the Union Station. I have some cars to tune up and perhaps I may work on a DCC installation. I would like to run some trains while I am at it too.

Happy birthday, Don

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 03-31-2023, 08:04 AM