The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks, nice day yesterday, got up to normal, low 80's. By Tuesday we'll be back down into the mid-60's, and could hit 90 by the weekend. I checked the rainfall for the year, and we are close to 3" at the airport so far, almost what we got all of last year.They are still releasing water at the local dams, a pity they can't pump that up to Lake Mead where they need it the most. It's not just a trickle, lots of folks can't get the where they're going because of flooded creeks and washes. I can remember when there were only two ways to cross the Salt river that runs through the center of Phoenix, a bridge to Tempe, and one on Central Ave. All the other roads ran through the riverbed, and some still do. There's a track that runs over the river near Tempe (that's the one where the train caught fire a few years ago), and they initiated passenger train service one year until the riverbed dried out. Now we have bridges on most major roads and light rail running over the river. In Tempe, they have dammed up the river to create a lake for boating and fishing.

Today is Palm Sunday, I remember when we were kids, we'd pick one guy to go to church and come back with enough palms so we could all show our parents that we went to mass. I don't think they ever caught on to that. I guess we figured that since our parents weren't going, why should we. Time changes us all.

Have a great day today, cannot believe we have snow in the north and 80's and 90's in the south, but enjoy what you are living in....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 04-02-2023, 06:50 AM