The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning. 
        It is 48 ° and cloudy with a chance of rain in the forecast. 

I am about to head out for Home Depot to get the rest of the wood I need for the layout extension. I just need some 1/2s to fill the gap between the shelf and the wall.  It will not be an easy job for me unless I can make my undertable creeper work because there is no way I can bend down to do the little work I need to do. 

No ground water contamination has been reported from the derailment. One Youngstown news station had an in depth investigation and to their dismay they couldn't find any contamination. It was quite a letdown for the news commentators (you could tell by their expressions Wink )who of course were hoping for the worst. Thank goodness it was good news. 

If all goes well I should have the layout room mess cleaned up by the end of the week end. 

I am glad you had a nice visit Fiatfan. It is always great to have family visit. I love it when my great grandkids come, but I also love it when they go. They are so full of energy that they drag me down quick I have 2 great grandchildren I only get to see once a year. They live in Wichita KS. My grandson is an IT man and works from home and his wife is an instructor with the Air National Guard. She took this assignment about 3 years ago and was just promoted to chief master sergeant. She has 23 years service. She was planning on retiring but enjoys her work so well she has put that aside for now. Paygrades for an E9 aren't too shabby either. 

My second oldest son has really gotten back into modeling and two of his grandsons are joining in. I am so glad to see this because the two boys need something to occupy their time. This son of mine had trouble reading in school until he got interested in trains and started reading about them. Find a subject of interest and away he went. He ia also a gear head. He is one of the top mechanics in the area and is getting calls from dealerships when they have problems they can't fix. He is now working for a guy that sells large used trucks mostly with hydraulic lifts like the power companies use. His boss buys used ones and completely rebuilds them and every disaster makes his sales soar. 

Prayers for all that need them. I am hoping that Deano, Todd, and Bruce are all OK. I worry when folks suddenly drop out of sight. 

Cheers
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 04-06-2023, 10:22 AM