The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. Nice day yesterday but missed 90 by one degree (official airport temp), today there's no doubt, they are forecasting 98. We'll be out in Tonopah target shooting, but we usually don't stay past 11:00. It'll still be in the 80's when we leave for home.

I hope everyone had a nice Easter, sounds like Matt did. Me, I too had a ham dinner, but by myself. My biggest issue is the time to prepare and then clean up, vs the time it takes to eat. I wish they made disposable pots and pans....

Still getting flood warnings, that's a lot of water being released, I hope it helps our ground water. Lost two more guys this weekend, the water in the Salt River was so turbulent that they couldn't even look for them. They found a kayak and a life vest floating near where they were last seen. This didn't make the newspaper, but there were two sections for sports yesterday. I'm about to give up my newspaper subscription. They are short of delivery drivers, they used to guarantee delivery by 6:00 AM, now I feel lucky if it's there before noon. That, plus my bill is always around $10 a month higher that it should be. I called to find out why and they said that's for those extra inserts they put in the Sunday edition, the one's about traveling to far off lands that I never read and can't tell them not to send. Wednesday and Sunday used to be chocked full of ad flyers, but not anymore. I think the cost of newspaper advertising has gone way up, plus we now have folks shopping on the Internet and having groceries and everything else delivered. A changing world...

Take care, have a great day, and stay safe....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 04-10-2023, 06:07 AM