The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good Morning.

Our local papers are jokes. Very little news and poor reporting when there is any. We can read what we want in them on line for free. They want $1 an issue and I can buy a train car with the money I save.  The local TV stations actually do a beeter job with local reporting, and they too are on line. 

I went to Home Depot last week and got the 1x2s that I needed to fill the gaps at the rear of the shelves and while there we picked up 20 boxes of vinyl plank flooring for the living room, kitchen and computer/office room I have contracted with my grandsons to install it ASAP. As they say, paybacks are a ^&%*(.  Icon_e_biggrin

I am waiting for the sun to warm things up. I am hoping to plant some potatoes. I had some left from last years crop that have sprouted so they will be the seed. I had a few annual strawberries thar appear to have survived so I hope they will produce as well as last year. 

I added a few feeder wires to the shelf layout last night and while running a locomotive to test the track I discovered the last section I wired was out of phase so I had to reverse the feed wires. It was a simple fix because I had used wire nuts instead of soldering the connections. 

Don, I have a bolt action 22 rifle that I have never fired. I put a scope on it a year ago and hever sighted it in. My hand guns rarely get any use. When I got the revolver it came with a list of warnings about safe storage, keeping it locked and unloaded, a trigger lock and all kinds of safety features. The last line on the warnings, after all the government mandated safety instructions was: Remember, an unloaded gun is totally useless for your protection.

3 more dry days scheduled here. I too have yard waste to burn and we are not allowed open burning before 6 PM so tonight will be a weenie roast night because it is too big for my 28 inch covered fire pit.

Jim I am glad you can use those switches. I can't find anyone local to use brass track. I have hundreds of sections of curves that I am removing from the ties so I can use the rail for other projects. It makes great brazing rod. 

Tom, I hope the hearing problem is an easy fix. I have lost a great part of my hearing from being around noisy equipment all my life. Hearing aids are a big help to me but no matter how good they are they can't replace what nature provides. 

Tom the Fiat Fan, how about sharing some pictures of the Backyard Southern some time. I am glad you don't live in North Dakota. I saw more snow pictures. One of my friends I gre up with was stationed in Minot and after his tour stayed their and worked as a fireman until he retired. He then scotted his but to Virginia.          

It's time to get with the program here.

Cheers
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 04-11-2023, 08:12 AM