The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning.
         I took a ride on Tom's Backyard Southern.  I loved it. My youngest son has a 7.5 inch gauge that is totally scratch built. The purist would frown, but I think he did a great job cobbling pieces of junk together to build it. I will have to find some pictures to share. One of my Kiski volunteers had a 15 inch live steam that we enjoyed but the boiler began to leak and he didn't want to retube it so he donated it to a group in Gettysburg.

I got the yard waste burned last night. I used a good stack of cardboard boxes to get it lit up and it did the job. I had a roaring bonfire for several minutes but it settled down before the neighbors got alarmed. It burned to a fine ash in an hour. The potash should be good for the lawn.

I need to make backdrops for the new yards and I was hoping I could find a cheap source for pictures I could use but I haven't run across any. No one makes what I am looking for so I may just paint something so it isn't a bare wall. 

I was out yesterday for the first time in a while but I didn't notice the gas prices.  All I know is they are higher than they were several years ago. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 04-12-2023, 08:44 AM