The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

Another cool windy day underway in the remote reaches of northern Iowa this morning. 33 now headed for the low 40s with winds also in the low 40s. Had a light dusting of snow overnight.

Friday was not kind to me. Started to change the oil on my car. The jack wasn't working right. On further investigation there was a seal leaking. The jack is over 30 years old so no parts available. Off to Harbor Freight for a new jack. Nothing under $100. Next stop Bomgaars (a region farm and fleet type store). Found one for $35. Brought it home and the oil change proceeded according to normal practices until the last moment when I went to pick up the oil filler cap I inadvertently knocked it into the air intake. Internet searches reveled that about the only way to get it back was taking off the front wheel, removing the wheel well liner, looking for hidden bolts, etc,, etc, Called the local auto parts store. They could have one for me by Saturday morning. Saturday morning arrives cold and rainy. Hop on the bicycle and get the cap along with a new air filter. There's another possibility for recovering the cap but I will have to take it to a repair shop.

Only activity for today is to watch my nieces in dance competition in Texas. Gotta love live streaming.

Gas was down to $3.39 yesterday.

All stay safe.

Tom
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 04-16-2023, 06:26 AM