The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all. I canceled my usual breakfast get-together since I have a last minute ultrasound scheduled. Got to sleep in a bit longer, but not going to eat until after the test.

I have a feeling that someone is driving the prices up more around here than elsewhere, making the Phoenix area undesirable to move to. Yet we are building new sub-divisions and huge apartment and condo complexes as fast as they find people to build them. Maybe they too are trying to beat the increase in lumber prices. I did buy several packages of wood at Hobby Lobby a while back, so I'm OK at the N scale level, but I would like to build some full scale projects, but I may need a second mortgage to do that. Yeah, I go back a long way, I can remember when walnut was $1.00 a board foot and that was expensive back in the 1960's. Now I see red oak at $15 a board foot and a 4' x 8' oak plywood is around $100 (was $35 before the pandemic).

So much for that, not much else to be concerned about right now, can't do anything to change it if we wanted to, so we just go on and hope things get better. Take care, have a great day and smile, that always helps....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 04-19-2023, 07:03 AM