The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a bright and sunny 63 heading up to 79.

We just finished a small pour this morning of 30 yards and that is why I am late checking in. This pour was much easier than yesterday’s pour. We poured 122 yards. We were scheduled to start at 7 AM but the first of thirteen trucks did not show until almost 8:30. Then every half hour a truck arrived. At 10:30 trucks 5 and 6 arrived minutes apart and truck 7 about 10 minutes later. At 11:00 trucks 8, 9, and 10 arrived together. We had to wait until 12:30 for number 11 and 1:00 for number 12. Truck 13 carrying only 2 yards did not show up until 2:15. My day started at 5:30 and I did not leave the site until almost 4.

Needless to say, when I got home, I ate dinner and passed out on the couch until 9:30. I got up helped the wife clean the Guinea pig cage. I took the trash out and brought the cans to the curb. I did a few things on the computer and then hit the sack.

Today is my son’s birthday. We are going to do cake and presents after everyone gets home. He is then going out with his friends. This is the first time in three years he can go out an celebrate on his birthday. He turned 21 on Easter and then we had COVID for the next two years.

Saturday the wife and I are going to try to get the herb garden set up. I need to get to the backlog of laundry which will probably stretch into Sunday. The dog needs washing. I need to begin the fishpond seasonal changeover. Take the heater out, clean as much muck and debris I can from the bottom and pull the water lilies up out the deep end of the pond.

On the workbench I have the Morgan House walls to finish painting and “mortaring”. Then it is installing window frames and glazing. On the layout I have the area around the Union Station to work on. I would also like to do another couple of DCC conversions. Most importantly I want to run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 04-21-2023, 08:54 AM