The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning.
       I got some decoders (NCE D13J) that fit the Athearn locomotives with what they call a quick plug and I had the locomotive disassembled waiting so it was a five minute completion. It was plug and play, wrapped it with electrical tape to prevent shorts, slip the body back on and replace the couples. I put it on the program track, changed the address to the locomotive number, set the start voltage (I start at 55), Acceleration to 0, deceleration to 0 and top voltage to 175 and it is done and runs smooth as silk. 

I have been reaching out to members that have recently disappeared and not having any luck to speak of. I don't know why we are losing so many. I hope my deodorant hasn't quit working.

We are coming to the time of year when participation drops for the summer in the northern hemisphere but I miss all of the different posts. I also realise we are for the most part seniors and can leave without having the option to say goodbye.  I do see at times we have lots of people viewing the forum, but no one is posting like they did 10 years ago.  I try to encourage the new members to post when they do too.  We had several gals doing some great modeling and I really do encourage them to post because they have some very good ideas and are very talented, and tend to notice things that we old men don't. 

I got a nice hand written note from one of our Ohio US senators thanking me for my input about the derailment. He had called me several weeks ago and we talked for about a half hour. 

We have a sunny day here, but a cooling off with thunder is predicted for tonight and the week end. 

I managed to get some more trains out of the boxes and into the yards.  

Have a great week end everyone and stay safe and healthy.

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 04-21-2023, 09:19 AM