The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people, ahh, Saturday and an extra hour of sleep. Worth the wait... Nothing much changed here, gas is expected to go well beyond $5.00 since it jumped 50 cents just this week. Temps are going to stay in the 90's for a while.

I missed the meteor showers. We were suppose to go where there were no city lights, lay on the ground with your feet towards the east and look up. Sorry folks, if I went out to the desert and laid on the ground, they'd need to call in a crane to get me up. Maybe I should consider bringing one of those chairs where you push a button and you go from laying down, to standing up. Just that I'd need a crane to get the darn thing out there.... Waiting

As most cities, we have a huge homeless problem. There's an area downtown Phoenix they call "the zone", a couple of square blocks of nothing but a homeless encampment. Right before the Super Bowl, they went in and cleaned it up, can't have a dirty-looking homeless area with all those visitors. Well, the business folks in the area aren't happy that their entrances and streets are still being used for toilets plus all the drug use and that they don't get any walk-in customers anymore. Just no parking spaces between tents and sleeping bags. Finally, enough pressure and they're going to clean out the encampment offering each person there an alternative. We'll see, so many are happy being there and don't trust shelters, so who knows what'll happen.

Have a great weekend, I can't believe there are folks who are freezing and we're pushing 100 already.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 04-22-2023, 09:17 AM