The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, yeah Tom, I see freeze warnings for much of the Midwest at least for the next few days. I hate to say though, that I've been tempted to turn on the A/C in the house, we hit 94 yesterday. I already have it on in the truck.  It has been a very mild winter this year for us, this is the reason we live here and take the 115 degree summers. Without A/C, the Phoenix area would still be 95% desert. Before A/C, we had what we'd call, "swamp coolers". Water would drip though and soak pads of excelsior (wood shavings), and a fan would suck the air through them. The evaporation of the water would cool the air. Worked just fine until the humidity went up, then all it did was circulate hot air....

Was going to watch football yesterday, couldn't decide on the XFL or the USFL, so I didn't watch anything. Somehow it just doesn't feel right watching football in the Spring so I went out in the garage and finished that woodworking project. Yeah, actually got something finished, now maybe back to my layout and finish the trackwork.

Take care everybody, stay warm for sure, summer's not that far away.....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 04-23-2023, 06:30 AM