The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks,

It is a pleasant 62 going up to 73.

We had a very good weekend. Friday started with the cardiologist clearing my for surgery next week. They found no problems. I pulled the heater out of the fishpond and moved the waterlilies out of the deep end and into the shallow end. We have some future work to do on them as all four plants are intertwined and need to be repotted. We finally determined where the ants are getting in and did some basic things to temporarily lessen the problem.

Saturday, we ran to the produce store, grocery, and hardware store. When we got home, I got to spraying the outside of the house for ants and placing traps. I brought the plants down from the attic and placed them on a table to get some sun and fresh air. My wife will clean them up this week.

Sunday, I brought the outdoor table for the front patio down from the attic and put it on the front patio. We use the table to keep the potted plants on for the winter. I did a heavy-duty cleaning of the kitchen and breakfast nook floors. I helped my wife with repotting a couple of plants and the first harvest of some herbs. I washed the dog’s bed much to the displeasure of the dog. She finally forgave me around bedtime and went back to using her now clean bed.

I finally finished the Morgan House. Friday, I glued the window frames into two walls. I also painted the roof. Saturday, I added the air conditioning unit, chimney, and vent pipes to the roof. I installed the glazing on all the windows. Sunday, I assembled the walls. I had an issue with the roof as I had to cut it down to size. I still have a few paint touch ups to do but my first resin building kit is done. It was something of an experience.

While waiting for paint and glue to dry I finished putting away the last of the rolling stock from the last run by. I also began working on the next run by.

Today after work I need to stop by the pharmacy. I would like to get the last of the plants out of the attic. The two remaining ones did not make it through the winter and my wife has the pots spoken for. I can then bring down the last outdoor table and put it out in the gazebo.

I want to finish the touch ups on the Morgan House and then place it on the layout. Then I need to think about what structure I want to build. I have some cars to tune up. I may even run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 05-08-2023, 06:56 AM