The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning. 

We have a high predicted of 73 with current temperature at 61 and partly cloudy. 

Tom, ants are an annual problem here but we use this and they are gone in a couple days. :Mix 1/2 C sugar, 1 1/2 Tbsp Borax, and 1.5 C warm water. Soak some cotton balls in the mixture, and put them out near the mess of ants. You can keep the mixture in a jar and use it whenever you see ants. Be sure to label it  Icon_e_biggrin

I put some decals on the Q2 last night but I had to clear coat it to make them more durable. I was removing what I had installed when I handled it. I hope tonight I can finish. I only need one number on the cab, one on the tender rear, and the keystone on the nose. 

I need numbers for the 6753 number boards too, and I am going to apply some CA to the appliances and the hand rails. They ttend to come off too easy. 

The front yard is a swamp so I won't be mowing it and rain is in the forecast for tomorrow so I have a reprieve at least until the weekend.

I have some family documents that need to be scanned and added to the tree. My oldest son had some military items from both sides. One of them was a program from a commemorative service for a pilot that was KIA April 11, 1945. No one in the family knew who it was and the location was not a family city we knew of.  I searched the name in the family tree and it immediately came up as my FIL's first cousin, then my wife remembered she had an aunt that had lost a son. 

Enough pratter for this morning. Have a good week.
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 05-08-2023, 08:21 AM