The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning good people, temps very close to 100, suppose to be there by Monday. Slight chance of rain all next week, by "slight", I mean as low as 1%. Still releasing water from the Painted Rock Dam into the Gila River, they stopped all other releases, lots of water everywhere but along the Colorado River, that's Lake Powell and Lake Mead. They think it'll take ten years before they get back to normal.

Noticed yesterday that some stations have dropped gas by as much as ten cents, not too many got the memo though.

Tom, that's some nice neighbors you have, the only invite I ever get from mine is from an older couple walking their dog, and she wasn't sure what their address was, "somewhere down the block", as she points to the west... Oh, sounds like fun hosting your hot dog party, just that I don't do that anymore, I just hate cooking and cleaning up after myself, never mind for a bunch of family members. The last time I did it, I brought in a bunch of BBQ from Famous Dave's. Went to Famous Dave's a few days ago for dinner, it wasn't as crowded as it used to be. You kinda feel sorry for a lot of these restaurant folks hit first by the pandemic then inflation. That is until you see that you're paying almost $4.00 for a glass of iced tea or a cup of coffee... Icon_e_surprised . I notice a lot of people just drinking water with their meals anymore. Net profit on a cup of coffee can be as high as $2.50 to $3.50.

Well, it's Saturday, got some house chores to do, gotta reassemble a gun I took apart and that's about all I have scheduled. I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 05-13-2023, 08:00 AM