The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning
       According to local weather radar it is raining hard here. My sidewalk isn't even wet. It must be one of those events where it is raining but isn't hitting the ground. 

Don, I loved the family picnics we had years ago but when my grandfather died the family just fell apart. He was the glue that held us close.  No one is upset with anyone, we just don't have the ties we had.  It goes the same way with my decedents. I have a son that lives 15 miles away. We talk weekly but he has not been here for over 2 years. I stop by his place when I go in that direction but that isn't often.  With the covid disaster and the following pandemic I stayed away from the little ones that possibly could pass something and I missed the little ones. I see most of them now about once a month. It isn't the same as when I was young. I think technology has pushed us all apart.  I actually blame social media for the decline in participation here. I make an effort to post when I can if only to say hello.  

If you look at the stats aat times you will see as many as a hundred browsing yet there are no new posts. I know many of those "hits" may be spiders but I would love to see ore members just say hello.   How about we start a "Just say hello" thread so folks can just pop in to let us know they have been here.   Icon_e_biggrin

As for the restaurants (I always have to have spell check fo that word) they have to go a long way to get people back. The fast food joints are still doing fine but the sit down places are having a had time of it.  The fast food joints do OK because the younger folks think nothing of paying 5 bucks for a coffee and 4 bucks for a small order of fries. My daughter shows here some mornings with a cup of coffee from dunkins that she just drove 10 miles to get and refills the cup here. She does not have exactly what I would call an outrageous income.  I only do McDs when I am traveling and that is because even though the food is not the greatest it has never made me sick.  Then of course at the sitdown place that has charged 3 bucks for a coffee and another 25 for the meal (per person) you are now expected to tip a percentage regardless of service quality because the waiter (ess)  isn't paid minimum wage because she gets tips.  I have noticed a lot of places now have "tip jars" and I frankly do not tip when I get a carry out.  I have at times left very generous tips in restaurants where the waitress fass friendly and kept our coffee cups full. 

I managed to get all of the grass mowed yesterday too so I am in weekend relaxing mode. If I had an adult beverage (PC for an Iron City Beer) I would even drink one. 

I am following the progress of the NKP 190 PA1 moving east. It may come through East Palestine and if so I hope I can get a photo. It is currently in Elkhart, Indiana. 

Cheers and good weekend. Have fun and play with trains  
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 05-13-2023, 08:41 AM