The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a pleasant 59 on its way to 78.

When I got home from work the wife was having a rough time. I convinced her to go and sit in the recliner in the living room which she did. She dozed off while I took my shower. I let her nap for a little over an hour before I got her up for dinner. Apparently, the nap was what she needed as she felt a great deal better. Unfortunately, she had a nasty attack around 8:30. After taking a treatment with her medication through the nebulizer she felt well enough to take a shower. No more attacks during the rest of the evening or overnight.

I learned that my first cousin who lived in the Tampa area passed away suddenly. She had gone to the doctor’s office for a check-up. At the doctor's office she fell and was taken to the hospital. She had broken her hip. They also discovered her potassium levels were at the lethal level. She was rushed to the ICU where she spent several days. When they felt she was stable enough they operated on her hip. After a day or two of recovery in the hospital she was sent to a rehab center. Her daughter spoke to her in the morning after she arrived, and all was well. She was upbeat and according to her daughter seemed like her old self. Her daughter received a phone call about 11 PM saying that at 9 PM they found her mom unresponsive. They worked on her for over an hour but could not resuscitate her. My mother and I had a long correspondence with her over the years. When my wife, the kids, and I visited Clearwater several years ago we met her, her daughter (my second cousin), and her daughter’s husband for dinner. My daughter and her daughter have been corresponding for several years now as they are both budding authors. We are waiting to hear about arrangements.

I finished decaling the FTA A-unit. I need to seal it tonight, remove the masking for the windows, and put back the headlight and porthole “glass”, and put the shell back on. I removed the shell from the FTB-unit and the porthole glass. I gave the shell a coat of gloss. If all goes well, I hope to decal it.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 05-23-2023, 07:32 AM