The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, good morning. Had nobody to go to breakfast with today so I slept in an extra hour. Now, all I need to do is to figure out what to make, or do I sneak out on my own.

No change in temps, as for gas, Costco and Sam's are up a few cents, others are down a few. Looks like they're going to meet somewhere around $4.74.... just a guess. Still plenty of stations at $4.99 up to $5.59 so some still aren't giving in.

Eggs at Walmart are $1.40 for a dozen large, a two pack of 18 for $4.12. Someone is trying to make the cost of living in the Phoenix area high enough so folks won't move here I guess... It use to be that housing was well below the national average and we had the cheapest gas prices in the nation. Not anymore. Not too long ago houses in Sun City were going for under $100K, today they're two to three times that.

Nothing else going on here of importance right now, we have a long weekend ahead for lots of folks, that used to be our first camping trip for the season when we had the kids. We'd be up in Oak Creek waiting for the camp grounds to open so we could get our favorite spot. Not like today where you now have to reserve you spot weeks ahead. Back then, you could find a spot, pay the fees and stay there as long as you wanted to. Wouldn't be able to do that today, if I did go camping, I don't know if I would be able to even get into a sleeping bag on the ground, and if I did, I couldn't get out without help.  Nope Those were the good old days...

Time to go rustle up some breakfast, or do I go to Denny's? Everyone have a great day, glad to hear folks are doing better.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 05-25-2023, 07:37 AM