The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning

It is a nice morning here with a very slight chance of rain in the forecast. 

A day of remembrance of all of the men and women that gave their lives so this country could be free. 

My wife had a bad day yesterday so I spent the day pretty much catering for her. She had some kind of bug. This morning she appears to be back to normal. 
I am wondering how many new viruses are floating around and where did they come from? Every day it seems there is something new popping up. 

I just found a bunch of the old Athearn blue box car kits for sale so I grabbed them. I have a great grandson that is 14 and has begun to show a great intrest in model railroading. It is the first thing we have found that seems to interest him and I will encourage it as much as possible. He had no interest in school or studies or sports so like his grand father maybe the trains will be a life changer. (Grandpa hated school because he couldn't read until he discovered trains and the diesel spotters guide) He is one of the top Ford techs in the country and in order to do that he had to read a lot of technical manuals. He is spending tome with my g grandson (he is raising him).

My oldest great grandson graduated from High School over the week end. He is a great kid, never been in any trouble and maintained great grades. 

I worked on editing some old movies taken by a friend in the late 50's and early 60's. We had a pretty good gang of kids that palled around together and hung out at his house. His parents tolerated our antics and were like parents to all of us. He had the films transferred using Legacy. They did a great job with the transfer but they make no corrections nor editing. There is 2 hours of film most of it related to trips to Canada to fish and boating on the Ohio River at East Liverpool. I have Adobe Premier Elements for video editing and it does a great job correcting old film but the learning curve is a bummer.  I am splitting clips and hoping I can then rearrange them and get them in order, then maybe I can put subtitles on the frames to identify all of these dead people. I even found some footage of my cousin that passed away last October. I had forgot she dated my friend their senior year. I sent the clips to her son and he was very happy to get to see what his mom looked like in high school.

Enough boring stuff about me. Ya'll have a great day. 

Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 05-29-2023, 07:52 AM