The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is a 65 going up to 73. We are expecting the possibility of showers later. The smoke is mostly gone. The past two days have been wild. Personally, I think Wednesday afternoon and night were the worst of it. The AQI readings got as high as 464 overnight Wednesday into Thursday. Wednesday afternoon the smoke was thick, and my eyes began to feel like the smoke from a campfire and been blown into them. The wood burning smell was very strong at that time too.

My wife made it to her pre-admission testing with no problems from the smoke yesterday. She passed and the surgery is on for Wednesday. We have our fingers crossed this will be the last time.

I did get some train time last evening. I changed the couplers on five Athearn/Roundhouse Triple dome tank cars.

Saturday is the Delaware County Pride Festival which my son is the chief organizer. While my wife and I will not be in attendance due to her mobility issues and the possibility of issues from any remaining smoke, we will be helping this evening with last minute prepping and loading and unloading vehicles. I will be on call most of the day tomorrow just in case there needs to be an emergency supply run. Sunday will be recovery day and the beginning of putting everything back into storage. If time allows, I would like to go out and get some plants for the front garden. We do need to make a grocery store run at some point over the weekend.

I have a bunch of Athearn RTR cars that need couplers changed. There are several other cars that need to be examined to see if they meet standards. Any of the cars I finished will need to be entered into inventory. I would like to run some trains and possibly upgrade a locomotive or two to DCC.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-09-2023, 10:21 AM