The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, Saturday, a day of work followed by a day of rest for a lot of folk, but for us retirees, just another day in paradise... Temps suppose to drop to 90 tomorrow and Monday, then back up to 100 +/- . I might just wait until Monday to clean up the garage, lots of sawdust once again.

Nothing else going on here, no change in gas prices, but eggs seem to have gone up a just a little but still reasonable, I think this is the way it usually is, up or down five or ten cents a dozen depending on how productive the chickens are. We had a fire in one farm a few years ago and they lost almost 200,000 laying hens and it was barely a hiccup in their supply chain since they have some 8,000,000 hens. Can you imagine the size of those facilities, they have three, they've had lawsuits because of the stench. It's one of this things, they move out away from everyone, then developers come and put housing right next to the farms and then come the lawsuits. We have a BNSF line that's run parallel to US60 since probably in the 30's. Developers started building houses up to the right-of-way sometime in the late 90's. A few years later, folks living in those houses complained about the noise the trains made, so now we have, "no horns" stretches at a number of crossings. Why? the egg farms and the railroads were there long before the houses, so accept what's already there, or live somewhere else. Waiting

My rant for the day, you all have a fine weekend and stay safe....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-10-2023, 08:11 AM