The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a beautiful suny day with a current temperature of 78. High is supposed to be 85.

The weekend was one of those up and down ones. Saturday my wife and daughter decided to make a cake from an old family recipe. The first step was transcribing the recipe from the very yellowed and delicate paper it was written on. The recipe was my wife’s great grandmother’s recipe. I had to make a grocery store run for some missing ingredients. The cake came out delicious and reminds me of what we used to call a Pennsylvania Dutch spice cake which would make sense since her great grandmother was Mennonite.

Sunday, Fathers’ Day was a very low-key day. We just lounged around the house. The kids assembled my Fathers’ Day gift, a new outdoor range. We were going to go out for dinner but decided not to because none of us felt like dealing with crowds. Instead, we order cheesesteaks from our favorite place. I installed a floodlight at the pond. It is a temporary location as I need a short extension cord so I can place it in a permanent location.

I tuned up 20 pieces of rolling stock. I also ran some trains. I organized some things around the layout and workbench.

Not sure what is on the agenda for when I get home. I have a bunch of Athearn rolling stock I need to change couplers. I want to install a decoder in the MP54 I just discovered was DCC ready. I need to figure out how to get the shell off. Thus far the instructions are not too helpful.

Charlie, sorry to hear about your granddaughter’s dog. It is always tough losing one of our furry family members.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-19-2023, 08:37 AM