The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good afternoon folks

It is 64 heading up to 73. Depending on which weather misforcaster you listen to we are in for rain for the next 8 to 10 days starting this afternoon.

We have been without Internet at home for the two days. Some varmint chewed through the wires coming into the house. I had Verizon out to repair things. While they were there, they replaced the main box in the basement which was close to 20 years old. It dated back to the beginning of Fios. Of course, the tech didn’t double check to see if everything was working and I had to spend half the night on the phone with tech support rebooting the router numerous times. The family is happy now that we have the Internet restored.

The temporary roadway for I-95 reopened a short time ago. In true Philly fashion the first vehicle across was a one of the fire trucks that responded to the fire with all the Philadelphia sports teams’ mascots riding on it.

Due to the Internet issues and the fact we had a large concrete pour yesterday starting before dawn not much got done around the house. I did get a few pieces of rolling stock tuned up.

With the possibility of rain over the next ten days there will be little to no outside plans. I have some indoor stuff such as some paint touch up around the house. We have a few spots where the walls got nicked over time. There is always laundry to do. The aquarium also needs some cleaning. Maybe we will make a run to the warehouse store.

We will be helping my son and daughter with any last minute things before they go their cruise to Spain, France, and Italy. It is their graduation from their Master programs present to themselves. My son got his masters last summer and my daughter in December. When they come back, they both will be starting new jobs. My daughter will still be doing counseling but at a place that will help her get her state license. My son will be moving from doing customs paperwork to a non-profit heading a mural arts program for our township. My son wrote the successful $100,000 grant application that funded the program.

I have many pieces of rolling stock I need to tune up. I would like to convert a couple more locos over to dcc. Maybe I will get the chance to run some trains.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 06-23-2023, 11:10 AM