The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning everyone, got a rather large wildfire going east of Scottsdale, some 1500 homes were evacuated since the fire line is within a hundred feet or so of houses. It's horse country out there so lots of them finding new homes for now. Around 2000 acre burned, but apparently the evacuation order has now been lifted. TV new shows large DC10 tanker planes dropping retardant. Temps are high, the low for yesterday was 80, the high 108. Can hit 115 this weekend.

Gas still dropping, Costco down to $3.89, most others $4.15, still too high but not the $5.00 of a month ago.

Got home from dinner yesterday and was greeted with a flooded bathroom. A small pinhole in the flex pipe going to one of the faucets. I have a home warranty that I pay for every year that will cover the plumbing repair (with a co-pay for each incident), but not any water damage. Had a leak up in the attic a while back and there was a lot of wallboard and insulation damage. This time, there's some damage to the cabinet but nothing compared to the last time. Cleaning lady shows up today and I hope the plumber, so it may be a busy morning.

Not much else going on, I think that's enough for now anyway. Y'all have a great day, be careful and stay safe.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 06-29-2023, 06:09 AM