The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good "day after the fourth" morning, as usual, the neighbors cranked up their fireworks around 8:00 last night and kept going past 10:30. Even with earplugs I could not block the guy behind me who had some really loud ones and kept waking me up. I was waiting for a phone call, "uh, sorry neighbor but I set your roof on fire, better call the fire dept". Crazy Anything that leaves the ground is illegal here but that doesn't stop some folks.

As for temps, we are looking at up to 114 for the next few weeks. So far, our monsoon season is a bust, and storms are hard to predict. How hot is 114 really? Well, the water out of my cold water tap is hot enough to take a shower. I can basically turn off my water heater for the summer.

I have the plumber stopping by this morning to fix that leaking flex pipe. I feel badly because that's a job I'd normally do but my guardian angel is telling me I'm well past the age of crawling under a sink, and that's why I pay for a homeowner's warranty.

I'm still taking it easy for at least another week or so. I'm doing a bit better each day, but it would be stupid to not listen to the doctor's orders. The upside to all this is that I stay home and out of the blazing heat.

That's it for now, enjoy the day and stay safe, too many kooks out there right now....
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-05-2023, 07:02 AM