The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
I replaced the ceiling light in the kitchen today. The track light has become a bother to maintain as the funny bulbs no longer seem to go into the socket things and I can't tell whether the bulbs are bad or the socket things aren't right. We looked at some yesterday in a store but I'm glad we didn't get any because I found that the mount for the lights was off center. Today we bought a bright circular LED fixture.
I ten found out how the track light was mounted. There were two bolts near the end of the track and I think they were those butterfly fixings. They were hard to unscrew and there are now two 1/2" holes up there. The middle of the track wasn't fastened.
The new light had a metal strip that went across the box, so I bolted that on. Then the light pops over the ends and is secured by plastic clips. Then I realised that it's also supposed to be screwed to the ceiling Those clips aren't coming out again because the light is over the island.

Now to see if the track light bits have a useful 12 volt transformer in them.
David
Moderato ma non troppo
Perth & Exeter Railway Company
Esquesing & Chinguacousy Radial Railway
In model railroading, there are between six and two hundred ways of performing a given task.
Most modellers can get two of them to work.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by BR60103 - 07-06-2023, 07:15 PM