The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, unrelenting heat. 119 yesterday with a low of 97. The low is an all time record for the highest low. I've seen days when it was 100 at midnight, but I guess it must have cooled down later. Still no end in sight for this 110+ heat. The news showed a picture of it pouring rain somewhere, it had to be Tucson since it never got up this far. I just checked the temperature in my garage, 99, need a couple of fans. I looked around for portable A/C units, but one that would cover the garage is well over $500, just so I could finish a $60 project. I think I'll wait for it to cool down.

Gas is creeping up, many more stations at $3.99 now. Saw a dozen of large eggs at Walmart for $1.37, extra large is $1.53 down from over $6.00 just a few weeks ago.

Not much else going on here right now, school is starting in a few school districts. I could never understand that, why start the school year in the middle of the summer? Kids are waiting for the bus and it's already over 100. When I was in school in NJ, we'd go back the week after Labor Day.

Got a early appointment today, then stay inside, should get up to 119 again, possibly higher based on the way it's been going. Y'all take care, I see high temps everywhere and some flooding up north. Be careful...
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-20-2023, 06:19 AM