The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks,

It is 88 heading up to 92 on the first day of our heat wave. We may get some storms later.

I tried out the new floor cleaner that wife got for the downstairs. I tested it on the kitchen floor and was happy with the results.

I converted my two Bowser Reading ALCO Century C-630 locomotives to DCC. It was very easy. Just remove the coupler pockets, side the shell off, remove the jumper, put the DCC chip in, close the shell, and put back the coupler pockets. Only problem I encountered was I could not change the couplers. Bowser uses a plastic coupler similar to McHenry or EZ-Mate. You can only use a whisker type coupler in the box and it has to be a long shank. Unfortunately, I did not have Kadee whisker long shank center couplers. On very nice feature of the coupler box is the lid snaps onto the bottom. Therefore, the box stays together as you maneuver it through the shell and into location on the body of the locomotive. I tested the locomotives and assigned addresses to them.

Tonight, I will create a consist with the two Centuries and run some trains.

I have an appointment with the cardiologist after work. This should be routine. My former primary doctor handled treating my A-fib put my new primary feels more comfortable having a cardiologist handling it.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 07-27-2023, 11:34 AM