The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

Currently the temperature is 76 degrees and going up to a high of 94 degrees. Today is supposed to be the hottest day of our heat wave.

Yesterday turned into an annoying and frustrating afternoon. Going from work to my cardiologist appointment was a struggle with unexpected heavy traffic. As I watched the time on my GPS increase instead of go down with each mile I traveled I decided to call the cardiologist’s office to tell them I might be late. To my utter surprise the receptionist informs me that my appointment is tomorrow, Friday. I asked since when. I had checked the online patient portal before I left work, and it said Thursday the 27th. She tells me that someone called from the office last week and told me it was changed. I informed her that I never received a call and I never would have agreed to a 3 PM appointment on a Friday. She then asked if I could still come in tomorrow and I had to inform her no since I had taken time off from work and I could not do it two days in a row. Now I had to reschedule the appointment again.

I created a consist with the two Reading Centuries. I ran them while I cleaned the litter pans and started a load of laundry. The locomotives ran fine. Later I started to make up a train and I selected four Rapido PRR F30D flat cars and trailer for them. I put them on the track and coupled them to the locomotives. I did not make it around the first curve before troubles started. Two cars uncoupled and the cars were not running smoothly. I examined the cars and found that two of them had broken couplers. The couplers looked fine, but they were not staying closed when the train was moving. Examining the wheels, I found out they were not moving freely in the trucks. It was at that point I decided to go to bed.

This afternoon my wife and daughter are going to see the Barbie Movie. After spending much of the day outside I will most likely stay in the air conditioning. There is some laundry to do.

Saturday is supposed to be hot and humid before the rain comes. If I am up early enough, I may go outside and trim the Hosta since they are done flowering. I also have some plants to move around and replant a couple of pots. Once the heat starts to ramp up, I will be inside. I have more laundry to do and the floors in the foyer and living room to do a heavy cleaning. We need to run to the produce store and the grocery store. I also will need to run to Delaware to get gas.

Sunday will be doing whatever did not get done Saturday.

Any modeling I can do will consist of working on the Rapido flat cars. I want to finish making up and running the trailer train that I have been trying to do all week. I have a few cars that need couplers changed. Maybe I might even layout the street pattern around the Union Station.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 07-28-2023, 05:25 AM