The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning, everyone is suffering from the weather. We did have a storm the other night, really messed up some parts of town. Some even got rain, 3/4" just south of us, Scottsdale got over an inch. We got just enough to spot up the vehicles and enough wind to break a few things. I have several arms on one cactus that are broken off from wind, but no rain to water them. The rain even skipped the airport and so officially we are in our 127th day without rain. Maybe next week. Right now, it's hard to tell the difference between the hot and cold water coming out of the faucets. Speaking of faucets, it's been over a month now and they still haven't replaced my faucet. "it's on order" they say when I call.

Tom, we have many discussions during our breakfasts about customer service, especially in the medical field. Seems like no one cares that we are the customers and patients. My dermatologist did a biopsy last week, so I called yesterday, "sorry Mr. Day, the results aren't back yet, it's taking a bit longer than normal, but we'll call you after the doctor looks at the results". It wasn't ten minutes later, they called. "just got your results". Yes, someone dropped the ball and didn't call me days ago, and yes, I now have to go back and get cut up again....

Nothing else significant going on around here, when it's 115+ out, not too many folks want to do anything except get out of town or hunker somewhere that's got A/C. I remember when not all houses had A/C, some had "swamp coolers", and so going to the movies or hang out at the mall were popular things to do. Now in the Phoenix area, there are but two or three left. The PV mall was leveled about a year ago and they're in to process of demolishing Metrocenter Mall, one of the oldest and largest around and Fiesta Mall which has been vacant for years now.

I hope everyone has a nice day, stay cool if you can.
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 07-28-2023, 06:23 AM