The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good evening everyone. 
        Yesterday the fellow showed up to do the floor and I must say he is as slow as molasses but what a craftsman, (I knew that). This fellow grew up with my kids and I have known him since 1974. A great worker, works for a reasonable price, and does a terrific job and can do most anything construction related, and he is even a very talented upholsterer.  He is very fussy but so far he as installed about 300 sq ft of flooring and will finish tomorrow.  If we would quit reminiscing he could get more done  Icon_e_biggrin .  I have been doing the cutting but he has been marking what he wants. The best part is my wife loves the floor. We have gone from a oak appearing laminate floor to a vinyl planking that looks like grey planed barn siding. 

Watching the news tonight (which I try to avoid) they were toking about the passport back log.  They also mentioned the option of paying extra to expedite the process. I know this has been available for years but tonight it finally rubbed me the wrong way. I don't see how it is fair for someone to buy a place in line closer to being helped and I wrote both my senators and my congressman to let them know exactly how  I felt.  I always thought paying a bureaucrat extra money to do his job was bribery.  

I got a little train time tonight. I lubed the Amfleet cr wipers and it made a real difference. I also started to add the detail parts to my last SD80 MAC. I did the 4 number boards and 9 grb irons then calmly turned out the lights and cme into the house.  Detail work actually makes me shake if I do too much at one sitting.   

Days, I remember back in 1958 GM was having trouble with new cars painted black with the "New" acrylic Lacquer in sunny Arizona and other hot spots in the south. It supposedly was heating to where it ws reflowing. 

We have had rain all around us but it has managed to miss us. We need some right in our area.  It reached 88 today and hit 91 yesterday but I was inside most of the time except for moments using the band saw and scroll saw to cut the planks, and it was a quick job because the garage was over 100 degrees. 

Gas here is around 3.45 and rising. 

Cheers
Charlie

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by Charlie B - 07-28-2023, 09:13 PM