The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning all, well we finally had a storm yesterday morning, really dumped almost an inch in some places. The problem is that it never got west of I-17, nope nada, zip, not a drop even at the airport. Mother Nature is really being mean to us on the west side of the valley. Yesterday only reached 110, so it's cooling down. Ya know, it's pretty bad when you go out in the morning and it feels cool, but it's still over 90. Waiting 

Had to change all my local speed dial numbers to add the area code. As of Saturday, we have to dial the area code even if we're calling a neighbor. They are mixing up the area codes here so now we were 623 on this side of town, 602 and 480 on the center and east sides. Now, new phones anywhere could get any of them depending on the whim of their phone company. Anyone remember when we only had one phone company for your entire state? Anyone remember when there weren't area codes and you had to dial "0" to get an operator if you wanted long distance?

Got another free day today, no appointments until next week so time to do some chores around the house. Still too hot to clean up the garage, but I might straighten things out a bit there, maybe. Just looked at my thermometer and it says that it's 97 in the garage. Maybe straightening up can wait.

Take care, have a great day and send some of your rain our way if that's not asking too much of you.... Worship
Don (ezdays) Day
Board administrator and
founder of the CANYON STATE RAILROAD

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by ezdays - 08-09-2023, 06:15 AM