The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is currently 87, going up to 89. The weather guessers are saying we will get storms later with rain, lightning, thunder, and possibly damaging winds.

Weekend started out good. Saturday my wife and I went out. Our first stop was the produce store. My wife ventured into the store and walked around. This was the first time she has done so since her blood clot back in November of 2021. She has gone into stores where she can use a scooter but not into one where she had to rely on her own power. The produce store is small. It was a former gas station. This was a good first step. We then took a drive through Valley Forge National Park. We found the park very empty, something unusual for a Saturday. Then we realized this was the last weekend before high school sports begin preseason and many colleges students begin reporting. This would be the last chance for vacation for many of them.

Sunday, we stayed around the house. I did some of the dreaded laundry and went through some things that had accumulated and threw out what wasn’t needed any longer.

I was not very successful with my modeling plans. I did open and test my Rapido New Haven PA1 that had been sitting in its box since I purchased it at the Greenberg Show in January. It is a sweet runner. I removed about two feet of track and glued down the foam road base. I was planning to attached the track but I just couldn’t find the time.

Tonight, I need to do something with water dripping from the living room air conditioner. Currently it is dripping on the outside windowsill and then down the wall. I can’t tell if our bedroom air conditioner is doing the same. I will need to drag the ladder out and take a look.

I am going to try to tack down the track where I glued the roadbed. Then I hope to move on down the line.

Charlie, I know it is very tough when one of our furbabies approaches that unthinkable day. You have our sympathies and hopefully many more happy days together.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-14-2023, 11:29 AM