The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

51 now going to maybe 81 this afternoon. 96 for tomorrow. Mid to upper 90s into next week.

Actually had a pretty good day yesterday. Played Paul Bunyan* and took down a tree. It was about a 15 foot volunteer mulberry tree that was growing up in the bushes around the back yard. Got it cut up and along with some leaves hauled it all off to the yard waste disposal site. Stopped at Walmart and picked up oil and filter for the car. Also on the way home I picked up a new filter for the furnace. Got the oil changed and the filter put in. After lunch I went to the local ReStore (they empty out old houses and sell things like old door knobs, doors, furniture, and myriad (I do like that word but seldom get to use it) other items). I found a latch for a door I'm going to install. I'll be able to use the original (probably 70 or more year old) door knob. They also have the striker plates but I didn't have the measurements with me. Guess I'll have to go back. Oh, darn!

On tap for today are a trip to the gym and mowing the lawn. If I mow today I shouldn't have to mow again for another week and by then hopefully the weather will cool down again.

Gas price was down another nickle yesterday to $3.69 with Walmart/Murphy Oil at $3.67.

All Stay safe.

Tom

* en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Bunyan for those not familiar with American folklore.
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 08-18-2023, 05:44 AM