The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 79 heading up to 89. They are saying that today will be the hottest day this week.

Saturday was a good day. My wife and I did some running around. My wife had a dentist’s appointment. Afterward we hit the produce store, got the car washed, and then stopped at the grocery store. When we got home my wife sat in the backyard gazebo while my daughter tried out the hammock she just purchased. I rounded up a few stray items from the yard and put them away in the garage and did a load of laundry. My wife cleaned and changed out the bedding in the Guinea pig cage by herself. While this may not be considered monumental it is considering nine months ago, she could barely do it. It shows how far down she went because of the blood clot almost two years ago and how far she has come back. There is still a good way to go but she is getting there. I added a cookie sheet outside and under the living room air conditioner so the water won’t drip down the wall.

Sunday, we did some more running. We stopped at Kohl’s to drop off an Amazon return. Then we headed to Delaware to get gas for my car. Price was $3.73 but I paid $3.13 with my grocery store reward points. Then we stopped at the grocery store to get a few things I forgot on Saturday plus a few items we didn’t know we needed Saturday. At home there was some more laundry to be done.

On the layout I tested a new B&O Bowser Baldwin AS-616. In DC it ran great, and Bowser did a great job on its appearance. I now need to get a decoder for it. After the test runs, I pulled up some track and over Saturday and Sunday I glued down more roadbed and tacked down track. I finished the two-track mainline so that half of the track for it is now down permanently except for a couple of pieces that I was waiting for the roadbed glue to dry.

This afternoon after work the wife has another dentist’s appointment. I have a few items in the yard that need to find a permanent home. I have some laundry to move around.

Tonight, I hope to tack down those couple of pieces of track. Then it will be time to move onto the second half of the main line tracks. I will also be adding feeders and wiring it into two blocks. I am hoping this will solve some of the power issues some locomotives have on that side of the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 08-21-2023, 08:28 AM