The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is currently 76. It is going to be a scorcher with a high 92. Schools in Philadelphia and my school district, Upper Darby will be closing early today due to the heat and lack of air conditioning in some of the buildings.

I had a fairly productive long weekend around the house. I got all the throw rugs in the house shampooed. I added a disposable cookie sheet under the air conditioner in our bedroom, so the water does not drip against the outside wall. I got propane for the grille and grilled dinner on Sunday. The wife harvested her herbs and was drying them in the dehydrator. My daughter drove over to Swedesboro, NJ to pick sunflowers and dahlias. The ones she brought home are huge. Everything was well except for the power outages. We had three on Sunday. First two the power was out just long enough to cause all the clocks to flash. The third one was about 45 minutes long. A tree branch fell into the wires a couple of blocks away causing a fire and the outage.

On the layout I can say I am now about three quarters done with tacking down the roadbed and track for the two main lines. I still have to connect the feeders to the main wiring. I basically have two thirds of a curve to finish. When I am done the entire two track main line will be tacked down and wired into four power districts.

Today at work it will be trying to avoid being outside for too long. After work I have an appointment with the urologist. If all goes well, I would like to get done more tacking down of the roadbed and track.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-05-2023, 04:46 AM