The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is a chilly 53 this morning. I might be wearing a hoodie up to the job site this morning. Our high will be 77.

It has been a hectic week between work and doctors’ appointments. My wife went to a doctor’s appointment by herself this week. She drove herself there and was able to walk from the parking lot to the office and throughout the office and back to the car without assistance. This a big step for her considering that a little over two years ago her visit to this doctor involved both my daughter and myself. I had to pull up to the door. My daughter had to help her out of the car and into a wheelchair. Then we had to push her around the office and help her back into the car.

I hit a major milestone on the layout last night. The two-track main line is now completely tacked and wired into four power districts/blocks. I spent a good amount of time testing trains after connecting the last set of feeders. The trains ran great. I brought out my MTH Milwaukee Little Joe to test it. The last time I had it out it ran poorly especially on the sections of track that lacked feeders. Last night it ran like a charm over the entire layout proving my suspicions that it was a track power issue causing it to run poorly.

Not sure what we have planned for the weekend. Since my wife is able to be more mobile, we may have to try a few things we have not done in some time. Perhaps go shopping or visit a museum or something similar. Around the house there is the dreaded pile of laundry to throw around. Maybe on a shopping trip we will go searching for mums to plant in the pots around the garden.

On the layout I want to run some trains. I would like to speed match several locomotives so I can experiment with running a long trailer train. I have some decoders to install. I need to decide what is next for the layout; ballast, roads, another building, or something completely different.

Speaking of doctors. My wife has lost four doctors and I lost two in the last year. We lost our long time primary doctor when he disappeared for about 4 or 5 months. We would call his office and they kept saying he would be back next month. Things got to a point where we needed prescriptions refilled and the other doctors in the “big” practice would not do so. (Our doctor used to be on his own but after the pandemic he joined would of those big hospital groups.) Then we both lost our orthopedic surgeon as e was moving back to Texas to be with his family. My wife then lost her new primary, and OB/GYN as they left the practices, they were in.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-15-2023, 05:29 AM