The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Good morning folks

It is 62 and a sloppy, muddy mess on the project site this morning. High is supposed to be 72 with more rain showers.

We had a good weekend around the house. I did heavy-duty cleaning of the living room floors including lifting the covers off the radiators and cleaning under them and between the pipes. Saturday, we made trips to the grocery store, Kohl’s, and a nursey. We found mums and got six plants. We potted four in the front but did not get the last two potted at the pond. Sunday, we took it easy. We made a trip to Target where my wife and daughter picked up some Halloween/Fall decor. I got a couple of additional storage bins.

As good as the household stuff went the model railroading was frustrating. It started with the MTH Little Joe. On Friday night it ran perfectly with no issues. Saturday it was a different story. In DCC it started stalling at several locations around the layout. I checked connections and voltage and found no problems. I switched directions and it stalled at a whole new set of locations. I then tried several other DCC locomotives and none of them stalled. In a last-ditch effort, I tried DC, and it ran better but not perfectly. Sunday, I continued my attempt to run a train with the Little Joe. I was able to get it to run with 20 cars in DC successfully for the most part. However, it would randomly slow down with no rhyme or reason and it did not happen in the same location. I tried to make a video, but I ran into issues with lighting as I was getting too much glare from the lights off the train. I fiddled with the lighting and finally got things the way I wanted but it was late, and I had to stop for the night. Given my experience with the Little Joe locomotive and after reading some reviews of it and other MTH HO locomotives I do not think I will be purchasing any in the future.

Tonight, I hope to make the video of the Little Joe train.

I hope everybody has a good day.
Tom
Silence is golden but Duct tape is silver
Ridley Keystone & Mountain Railroad
My Rail Images Gallery

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by tompm - 09-18-2023, 08:01 AM