The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!!
Greetings, gang.

64, cloudy, and windy this morning. Supposed to clear off but remain windy with a high in the mid 80s.

Fairly routine day yesterday. Got probably the last batch of acorns hauled away. Routine trip to the gym. No jury duty this week. I've been on a couple in the past one criminal and one civil. Not much fun but interesting. The hardest part was avoiding the news while the trial was going on. After the trial was over my wife was surprised at the not guilty verdict. The way the paper reported the trial made it sound like the guy was going to jail until the second coming. The problem was that the prosecution did not provide evidence that supported the charge. After it was over the bailiff mentioned that people were surprised that it took that long to get the verdict.

As far as the age thing goes I was selected back in 2015. When I went in to see if I could be excused they asked how old I was. When I said I was 70 they told me since I was 70 I was automatically excused. When I called this time they told me the age limit had been removed.

All stay safe.

Tom

PS The DA filed amended charges against the guy later the same day. He was convicted on those charges.
Life is simple - Eat, Drink, Play with trains

Occupation: Professional Old Guy (The government pays me to be old.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Hobo Camp Fire Is going well #IX.. Stop In!!! - by FiatFan - 09-19-2023, 06:57 AM